7th Avenue Safety Improvements
If you've been on Seventh Avenue, you've seen that the NYC DOT has begun implementing safety improvements on 7th Ave. between W 34th St. and W 43rd St.:
- Expand west sidewalk on 7th Ave. between W 42nd St. and W 43rd St. in paint
- Add flexible delineators, granite blocks, and planters along edge of painted pedestrian space
- Add painted curb extension on the southeast corner of W 42nd St. and 7th Ave.
- Add morning rush hour curb regulation on west curb (No Standing 7-9AM)
- Remove bus stop at 7th Ave. and W 39th St.
- Add bus boarders at 7th Ave. / W 42nd St. and 7th Ave. / W 39th St.
- Add bus lane on 7th Ave. between W 43rd St. and W 41st St.
For additional information about this project, contact Colleen Chattergoon at the DOT Manhattan Borough Commissioner’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.839.6216 or visit our website: nyc.gov/dot. To sign up for DOT updates, visit: nyc.gov/dotnews