Help Meow-t Day 1: Gizmo
Recently we had the pleasure of visiting the offices of the ASPCA, right here in the Garment District. What made this visit especially wonderful was the time we got to spend with their adorable and adoptable office foster cats. These cats live in lucky ASPCA team members' offices, giving them a more comfortable and domestic living space while giving the behaviorists insight into how they will adjust to their "forever home."
Over the next two weeks, we will introduce you to each of the heart-melting members of this program that are available for adoption right now! Giving these cats a safe and loving home is an amazing thing to do on its own, but you will also win any "Best Holiday Present" arguments until the end of time.
Gizmo was the first cat we were introduced to during our visit, and we immediately fell into a deep and serious love with her. She is a 2 year old brown tabby Domestic Shorthair that just can't help looking good. Gizmo loves to play with toys and sit down next to you while you pet her. She is currently taking online business courses and hopes to one day start her own line of Cat Maternity wear called "Pregnant Paws." You can find more Gizmo pictures and info at her ASPCA page.
If you would like to take this sweet playful creature home and make every day Caturday, here are the steps involved.
- Call our Adoption Center at 212-876-7700, ext 4120 during Adoption Center hours (Mon-Sat, 11-7, Sun 11-6) and mention if there are any specific cats you are interested in meeting. The adoption center volunteer can give you more information about the cats, such as age, any medical or behavior issues, and their ideal home.
- If you want to go to the next step, you will be asked to complete as adopter survey by phone with that volunteer.
- The survey gets passed to the Adoptions Behavior staff, and they will follow up with you to provide more detailed info regarding any behavior issues, set up a vet consult if needed, and obtain proof of address and photo ID electronically.
- If that goes well, the Adoptions Behavior staff will work with you to set up an appointment to meet the cat(s) here at 520 8th Avenue, 7th Floor.
- If you want to adopt at your appointment, ASPCA can process the adoption that day and you can take your kitty home