Garment District Urban Garden
You've seen it coming together, but Monday, June 19th marked the official opening of Garment District Urban Garden, our expanded plazas program that converts two blocks of Broadway into public space that will feature an array of amenities and activities throughout the summer.
Two blocks of Broadway, 36th-37th and 39th - 40th, have been completely closed to traffic by our friends at the NYC Department of Transportation, allowing us to opportunity completely transform the pedestrian experience.
Upon visiting to these new super plazas you'll find
- A greener Broadway created by our new lushly planted parklets and the addition of 19 birch trees.
- An increased number of cafe tables and chairs, as well as new turf boxes featuring our popular lawn from last summer.
- A 400 foot-long "road tattoo entitled Sew and Sew twists and turns down the center of both blocks.
- Our UrbanSpace Garment District food market, running through July 20th
- The return of our lemonade stand, every Wednesday, staring June 28th.
- Six weeks of getting yoru sweat on with our first outdoor fitness classes, starting July 26th.
Garment District Urban Garden will be open through September 1st, so get out there and relax on Broadway all summer long!