Help Meow-t Day 2: Cece
The second adoptable office foster cat we were introduced to on our visit to the ASPCA was the refined and reserved Cece, a 1 year old black & white Domestic Shorthair with eyes that will make you weak in the knees.
Before she found her way to the ASPCA, Cece had some tough times, but after spending time with members of the office adoption team, she is feeling better and becoming more outgoing every day. Cece is highly organized, often going around the office collecting the toys her messy roommate leaves out. Don't let her Danny Tanner tendencies fool you though, she still likes to have a good time and listen to her favorite singer, Felionel Ritchie.
If you'd like to open your heart and your home to this wonderful girl, find more info (and pictures) on Cece's ASPCA page. Here's what you'll need to do:
- Call our Adoption Center at 212-876-7700, ext 4120 during Adoption Center hours (Mon-Sat, 11-7, Sun 11-6) and mention if there are any specific cats you are interested in meeting. The adoption center volunteer can give you more information about the cats, such as age, any medical or behavior issues, and their ideal home.
- If you want to go to the next step, you will be asked to complete as adopter survey by phone with that volunteer.
- The survey gets passed to the Adoptions Behavior staff, and they will follow up with you to provide more detailed info regarding any behavior issues, set up a vet consult if needed, and obtain proof of address and photo ID electronically.
- If that goes well, the Adoptions Behavior staff will work with you to set up an appointment to meet the cat(s) here at 520 8th Avenue, 7th Floor.
- If you want to adopt at your appointment, ASPCA can process the adoption that day and you can take your kitty home.