Help Meow-t Day 5: Curly
The 5th cat from the ASPCA's office adoption program we had the pleasure of visiting was Curly, a 2 year old female Domestic Shorthair who was the most energetic of the lot.
When we met her, Curly was perched on a desk in a cubicle she had at the moment claimed for herself. While cute as a button, we would not have guessed the impressive acrobatics this girl is capable of. Our gracious hosts brought out a wire dancer cat toy and Curly gave us a demonstration of her impressive vertical leap. We haven't seen hangtime like hers since a young Michael Jordan won the 1987 slam dunk competition. However, she is a true New York cat, and her favorite basketball player of all time is Patrick Mewing.
After several minutes of showing off, Curly needed a break. She rested flat on the floor contently as we got in all the petting we could take.
To bring this fluffy superstar home, visit Curly's ASPCA page, and follow the instructions below:
- Call our Adoption Center at 212-876-7700, ext 4120 during Adoption Center hours (Mon-Sat, 11-7, Sun 11-6) and mention if there are any specific cats you are interested in meeting. The adoption center volunteer can give you more information about the cats, such as age, any medical or behavior issues, and their ideal home.
- If you want to go to the next step, you will be asked to complete as adopter survey by phone with that volunteer.
- The survey gets passed to the Adoptions Behavior staff, and they will follow up with you to provide more detailed info regarding any behavior issues, set up a vet consult if needed, and obtain proof of address and photo ID electronically.
- If that goes well, the Adoptions Behavior staff will work with you to set up an appointment to meet the cat(s) here at 520 8th Avenue, 7th Floor.
- If you want to adopt at your appointment, ASPCA can process the adoption that day and you can take your kitty home.
More Garment District cats you can adopt from the ASPCA