In the past few years the number and quality of dining options in the Garment District have improved greatly. The trend has continued this Fall with the opening of several new eaateries.
- Havana NY (58 West 38th) - This neighborhood favorite disappeared for a short time, but is back and better than ever with brand new digs and the same great Cuban food.
- Printer's Alley (215 West 40th) - Nashville-style cuisine with live music comes to 40th Street with a complimentary southern manners. We recommend you throw in some of their cornbread too.
- Habanero Blues (29 West 36th) - Huge, three-level Mexican cantina with an equally large tequila selection from the people who brought us Reichenbach Hall.
- Dos Toros (119 West 40th) - Experience a San Francisco style taquieria without paying San Francisco rents. The popular chain's first location in the Garment District is already a popular lunch destination.
- Sophie's Cuban (1015 Sixth Avenue) - Traditional Cuban sandwiches and plates bring another much needed dining option to Sixth Avenue.
- Indian Project (243 West 38th) - You guessed it, Indian food, featuring curry bowls and tandoori clay oven.