Garment District Arts Festival Day 1
October 23rd marks the kickoff of the 11th annual Garment District Arts Festival, a three day celebration of the art and artists of The Garment District. The festival gets into full swing today during lunchtime with our Artist Services on the Plazas, a collection of artists providing unusual and eclectic services for New Yorkers. Previously these services have included ukelele lessons, fashion illustrations, haircuts and much more.
This evening our artists over 90 artists open their doors and invite you in to view their work and celebrate the start to another year of the Garment District Arts Festival.
For a full schedule, download our 2014 Arts Festival Program.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23
10am - 6pm
- Dieu Donne Annual Benefit exhibition featuring over 100 unique works of art created on handmade paper.
- Medialia Rack and Hamper Gallery "Prelude to the Future" Contemporary Japanese Metals, "C/overt movement in Comicana"
- The Horticultural Society of New York 17th Annual International, American Society of Botanical Artists
12pm - 2pm
- Artist Services Ten artists and partnerships providing unusual services
12pm - 6pm
- Medialia Rack Hamper Gallery Introduction to model making workshop
12pm - 10pm
- EFA Project Space "As We Were Saying" by Claire Berlant
4:30pm - 7:30pm
- chashama "Perfect Models" a preview of new work by Syd Glasser
6pm - 9pm
- Adaptive Design Association Artist decorated chairs
6pm - 10pm - OPEN STUDIOS
|Ann Woodward||Frederic Lere|
|Arleen Joseph||Gerri Davis Art Studio|
|Aspinwall Editions||Gwyneth Leech|
|Beth Kurtz Oil Painting||Marian Harris|
|Bobbi Van||Joan Giordano Studios|
|Carol Horn||Joyce Pommer|
|Carole Richard Kaufman||Julie Mardin Photography|
|Cecile Brunswick Art Studio|
|Chanit Roston||Mitchell Schorr|
|Dee Solin||Linda Stillman|
|Diane Englander||Margaret Zox Brown|
|Elana Amity||Vivianne Rombaldi Seppey|
|Fraklin Perkins Studio|
|Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts|
6pm - 10pm
- Manhattan Graphics Center "11 or 12 Lithographs" Suzanne Nicholas, Works by teachers of Manhattan Graphics Center
- Abingdon Theatre IT HAS TO BE YOU by Catherine Butterfield $