Garment District Arts Festival: Day 1
October 22nd is he first day of the 12th annual Garment District Arts Festival, a three day celebration of the art and artists of the Garment District. The festival gets into full swing today during lunchtime with our Public Plaza Art Performances, featuring an ecclectic mix of interactive activities you'll want to be a part of.
This evening our artists over 90 artists open their doors and invite you in to view their work and celebrate the start to another year of the Garment District Arts Festival.
For a full schedule, download our 2015 Arts Festival Program.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22
10am - 6pm
- Lower East Side Printshop "Alone Together" guest curated by Beth Citron.
10am - 10pm
- Manhattan Graphics Center "High School Student Show" & "Abby DuBow's Solo Show."
11am - 7pm
- French Cheese Board "Offerings" a food art exhibit by Dorothée Selz.
12pm - 2pm
- Live Public Plaza Art Performances presented by chashama and the Garment District Alliance
12pm - 6pm
- Medialia Rack Hamper Gallery Exhibits: New Voices - New Ideas; Memories; and Medals of War Protest and Peace.
1pm - 9pm
- Last Rites Gallery "13th Hour" Annual exhibit of various artists
5pm - 7pm
- UrbanSpace Garment District Beer Garden Musical performances on Broadway btwn. 41st street and 40th Street.
- UrbanSpace Garment District Beer Garden Musical performances on Broadway btwn. 40th street and 39th Street.
6pm - 10pm - OPEN STUDIOS
- Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts over 70 open artists' studios
|Ann Woodward||Geoffrey Stein|
|Arleen Joseph||Gwyneth Leech|
|Bobbi Van||Joan Giordano Studios|
|Carol Horn||Joyce Pommer|
|Carole Richard Kaufmann||Karen Tompkins|
|Cecile Brunswick Art Studio||Linda Stillman|
|Chanit Roston||Manhattan Graphics Center|
|David Moriarty Art||Margaret Zox Brown|
|Elana Amity||Marian Harris|
- Abingdon Theatre "Cut Throat" by J.B. Reich, directed by Mark Waldrop $