Two blocks of Broadway are closed to traffic for the months of June to July, and Garment District urban Garden returns, bringing more public space, art installations, free fitness classes, and a greener Broadway.
- UrbanSpace Garment District - featuring 14 unique food vendors including newcomers like Raclette and Destination Dumpings
- Pedestrians and Cyclists reclaim the road, when our Garment District Urban Garden returns next week.
- Broadway, between 39th and 41st streets will be closed to traffic for the months of June and July, bringing:
- A greener Broadway featuring 19 birch trees, and the addition of a "lawn" creating public space on the west side of the street.
- Improved biking infrastructure.
- "Ararauna," a new 400 foot long art walk on the road itself, by artists Nancy Saleme and Patricia Cazorla.
- Broadway Sweat, free fitness classes in the middle of the street. Yoga and pilates will be offered along with two special bonus classes where you can get in shape to the music of broadway and by dancing like your favorite 90s boy band.