Our neighborhood is fortunate to have a number of organizations that work in tandem with us to improve the quality of life for everyone in the Garment District.
Community Boards play an important role in improving the quality of life for all New Yorkers, including dealing with land use and zoning issues, assessing the needs of their neighborhoods, and addressing other community concerns. We encourage all members of our community to participate in Community Board meetings. Schedules can be found on their website.
Community Board 5 - Covering the Garment District from 8th Avenue to 5th Avenue, CB5 serves as the citizens’ voice for midtown Manhattan.
Community Board 4 - The blocks of our neighborhood between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue are a part of CB4 which represents the common interests of the residents, institutions, non-profits, and businesses of the west side of Midtown.
Midtown South Precinct
Our local police precinct works tirelessly to handle the challenges facing our neighborhood, and their job is much easier when we all work together. Please feel free to contact them.
- Precinct: (212) 239-9811
- Commanding Officer: Deputy Inspector Aaron C Edwards
- Community Affairs: (212) 239-9846
- Crime Prevention: PO Frank Aliperti: email@example.com, (212) 239-9846
Neighborhood Coordination Officers, or NCOs, are your local problem solvers. They spend all their working hours within the confines of their assigned sectors, actively engaging with local community members and residents. Contact them to discuss ongoing local crime or quality-of-life issues.
- PO John Huerta: John.Huerta@nypd.org
- PO Michael Duquette: Michael.Duquette@nypd.org
Department of Sanitation
- District 5 - East side of 8th Avenue to 5th Avenue: firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 4 - West side of 8th Avenue to 9th Avenue: email@example.com
Department of Homeless Services
To report an encampment, contact DHS on their website.