The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is the nation’s largest youth employment program, connecting NYC youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with career exploration opportunities and paid work experience each summer.
Information to know about being a participating business:
- SYEP participants are paid directly via Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD), not by the businesses
- SYEP participants can work up to 25 hours per week between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm
- SYEP participants and businesses receive support from NYCDOE teaching staff who are trained in how to educate young people on business appropriate soft skills
- The SYEP experience is from July 5, 2022 to August 12, 2022
To participate int he SYEP:
How does a place of business become a worksite?
- An SYEP worksite application must be completed for each location and program type
- All worksite applications must be submitted by April 22, 2022
- All worksites must follow federal, state and city COVID-19 guidelines and provide a copy of their company’s New York Forward Safety Plan
- All worksite supporting documents must be submitted to MNTCAC@schools.nyc.gov by 5 pm on April 22, 2022
- All worksites approved by DYCD will have a required orientation, site visit and pre-assessment completed by NYCDOE staff prior to students starting their work assignments